Saturday, 21 June 2014

Reading Challenge 2014 - Half Year Progress!



This year, for the first year ever, I have challenged myself to read 25 books - so roughly around two a month. I love reading, but I feel like I spend too much time choosing a book, when I really could just be reading books to see if they are my kind of thing.

I've really enjoyed keeping a record on goodreads on what books I've completely, and it totally adds to that 'end of a book accomplishment' feeling you get!

It's now half way through the year so I'm doing a bit of a mid year review on how I've done with this reading challenge so far. I think I have done pretty much spot on what I wanted to achieve by this time! At 52% I am really super pleased with myself, and it hasn't been a challenge at all, it's just been really enjoyable to get lost in these new worlds.

The books that I have read are below, beginning with The 5th Wave.


As you can see, I'm a huge, HUGE fan of post apocalyptic novels, and most recently I have discovered the Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner (at the top) and also Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Also, I adore Jaqueline Wilson. Her stories are such amazing escapism, and reading them from an adult point of view makes them ten times better.

I have loved every single one of the books I've read this year, in particular Room, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and The Scorch Trials (Book 2). I thoroughly recommend these books to you, and I would love to know if you have read them too.

You can find my GoodReads profile here, so let's be friends :)

Can you suggest what book I should read next?

4 comments:

  1. You are doing well! I've really slowed with my reading lately. I did read Hilary Mantels books earlier in the year and really like them x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post, I love reading and I am always on the look out for new books to read, so I will get a few from your list to read :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post because I also love reading. You gave me some ideas on what to read during summer. I recommend you read Divergent-it's a great apocalyptic novel.

    Leja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd suggest "The God of small things".

    ReplyDelete