Monday, 14 April 2014

The Scary Prospect of Finishing University and Applying For Jobs

Oooooooh help. In two weeks time I have my last ever dealine at university - after that I am free to do whatever I want. Today I'm having a little bit of a freak out as I realise that I will have no money income, and that I just don't know what to do! I have a wide variety of skills, but none that I necessarily want to devote all of my time to - but do I just take what I can get now? I'm thinking yes. Not that any job will be a bad thing - any person/place that offers me any kind of work I will be eternally grateful and any experience is good experience.

I'm just feeling as though I am a little stuck at the moment. Where do I look for potential employers? How do I know what job will suit me? What industry do I want to get into? Do I apply for lots of Internships? It's all very confusing and I'm puttting a lot of pressure on myself which is making me very stressed and ratty towards those I love.

I have recently started working in a local tea shop. Although it is kind of a 'fill in' job until I get into my chosen career path, I really do love working there. I love the people, I love working as a team, I love the service we give and the passion of the owners to keep it up to date. I am happy working there, I love it, but at some point this year I need to work full time in the creative industry.

Last night I watched the documentary 'Pageant' and every person involved had a dream or a goal that they had always wanted to achieve. It got me worried that I don't have a passion for anything, and that I don't have any goals. But then I realised - my passion at the moment is being healthy, being happy, being kind, and building my life. I want to move into my own house, buy the clothes I want to wear, decorate my house. Those are my goals at the moment. I don't have a big dream to teach, to publish a novel or to become a CEO - I just want to be happy and content.

Wahhh, that turned into a bit of a heart-felt blog post didn't it? I think it's important to share these feelings though, especially to other people who are in the same position as me (which is probably most people my age!) to let people know that they are not alone!

For now I'm going to stay at my lovely little tea room job, who are very supportive of me, and in the mean time apply for jobs and interships as much as I can. Phew, it's stressful work.

How are you guys?

Jasmine xo

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck Jas! Don't worry, you are not alone at all! I have no doubt you will see your path soon :)

    Lou xo
    Bluebird | Beauty and life blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're talking about. It does get confusing at this stage of our lives :)

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete