Saturday, 19 April 2014

Revlon Matte Balm in Striking Spectaculaire

I have joined the bandwagon, bitten the bullet and followed the trend this time and gone and bought the new(ish) Revlon Matte Balm in Striking Spectaculaire. And I have to say - I pretty damn love it. I am all for the 'matte' lipstick anyway - I think it gives a more vintage/subtle look than something high gloss so this was pretty much made for me. The formula is strange - good strange. It goes on like a lip balm,
smoothes like a shiny lipstick would and then appears completely matte. This shade in particular is quite an in-your-face kind of red - and yet I don't ever feel the need to use a lipliner underneath. Yes, it would probably give my lips a lot more definition if I did, but without looks perfectly acceptably and lovely which is SO handy when you are on the go. I have seen a lot of reviews where they say these last a long time - in my experience they are okay. They last as long as you don't eat / drink / kiss anything, but loose their colour after an hour or so so it looks more like you have stained lips over a balm or lipstick kind of look. Because it's so easy to apply, I can forgive it!

I definitely need to go and buy a lot more of these, I have my eye on the nude, the coral-pink colour and the purple shade.  They look divine! This product really is so handy to just slip into your handbag and apply whenever for a beautiful look.


 Watching: -
  Listening: Iggy Azalea
 Reading: Room - Emma Donoghue
 Looking Forward To: Handing in this final uni project!
 Feeling: Content

4 comments:

  1. I love Revlon matte balm too. I bought 3 of them earlier but not in this shade. This colour looks pretty! Anyway, I just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot about them but Revlon is not available in Germany and that sucks. Really good post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty shade!
    I also recently picked up one of these in the shade Sultry, and I agree with you about the texture/formula, it makes a welcome change to the typical lipstick, but it does appear kinder to the dry lips too! quite impressed ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful colour! I've been trying to resist these but I think it'll only be a matter of time before I have to have one hehe xo

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete