Monday, 24 February 2014

The 'What Are You Doing After University?' Chat


I understand that when someone you know is leaving a degree course, it is only natural to want to ask what they are going to do afterwards. I know that I have an urge to ask all my friends the same thing, because I am curious but also because I want to check that I'm not failing miserably at life. But when you are that position - everyone asks you. I reckon I get asked almost once a day, which is totally fine! I just don't know how to answer. I have a direction I would quite like to go in - in fact I have many. There are many different ways the next half of this year could go and I can't necessarily control it. Therefore I tend to just say 'Oh I don't know, whatever happens' which makes me sound like I am really uninterested. I am not! I swear! I am working hard to find my next path.... I just don't know. I am very thankful that people are interested in what I am doing, but at this moment everything is so up in the air.

I can't be the only one who feels like this?

 Watching:
Heroes Season 1
  Listening: Frozen Soundtrack
 Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
 Looking Forward To: Jack getting home
 Feeling: Happy

2 comments:

  1. I finished uni in November at am currently questioning EVERYTHING! I have written about it on my blog if you would like to have a look, the title is "post uni blues"
    By the way, you have a beautiful blog and one more follower :)

    Life’s a highway
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'end of uni' pressure is more intense than the 'end of school' pressure since you've gained a pretty decent qualification. Everyone asks me what I plan on doing with my degree (hang it on my wall??) I finish at the end of this year and I am dreading being asked this. I have thought about going travelling next year though, which should be a suitable answer.

    Rachel is Elsewhere

    ReplyDelete