Friday, 10 January 2014

Tips for Keeping Ahead of School and University Work - Bloguary #10


Use A Diary - I do not know how people get anything done without a diary! Write everything down from cinema with friends, to classes to deadlines. I personally use the iCal app on my iMac / iPhone / iPad so that everything syncs up nicely.

Aim To Finish a Week Ahead - Pretend that your deadline is a week ahead of when it is. Write that date in your diary if you have to. Finish everything with plenty of time to spare.

Get School / University Emails Sent to Your Phone - Sometimes this can be difficult and you may have to do some digging to find out the details but it's the most useful thing. This way you can keep up to date with everything as soon as it happens.

Talk With Friends To Keep Motivated - Talking to friends who are doing the same project as you can be a really good way of giving you motivation. It will not only encourage you in a competitive way, but it can also make you feel calmer about the situation knowing that you are sharing this with another.

Use Nice Stationary - Beautiful stationary will make you want to use it more - every little helps!

Tackle Big Projects in Small Bursts - I am writing my dissertation in 30-45 minute bursts. Knowing that it is a small time makes it feel like it easier and more 'worth it'. It stops me getting distracted because I know that I can go on facebook / read / see friends pretty soon. I do this twice a day.

Work in the Mornings - Get everything done during the day, preferably in the morning, so that you can take the evening to relax and unwind. You're also more awake and likely to do a better job.

Get Interested - There's nothing worse than studying something that you do not like. Therefore - make it interesting to you. If it's history, find something about it that makes you excited - is it the people? the facts? Whatever. Try not to bog yourself down with the uninteresting things. You will most likely get more marks if you are passionate about something. Obviously stick to what you have to do!

Take Scheduled Time to Relax - It's just as important as working.

 Watching:
 Friends
  Listening: Frozen Soundtrack
 Reading: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
 Looking Forward To: Sherlock Ep 3, chilling out tomorrow!
 Feeling: Soooo tired....zzzzzzz...

6 comments:

  1. I know right, I think its important to finish early because if something goes wrong you can fix it!
    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♡ Berry Stylish  

    Giveaway going on now! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is going to help me a lot! I have so much stuff to do with my school work this year and It's kinda weighing me down. Thank you!
    Alice x
    missalicethecamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SOO much for this! I especially love number 2, something I ALWAYS struggle with are deadlines, but I reckon if I told myself it was due in earlier I'd get more motivated to doing it quicker!
    some brilliant tips :)
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to start pretending my deadlines are a week before they actually are, would save so much stress especially because I'm a start-just-before-it's-due kind of girl because for some odd reason I work better last minute!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using a diary is something that I need to start doing again. I used to always have a diary with me and I'd write down every little plan that I had in there.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good post, I have my work e-mails to my phone which is great as I always feel one step ahead. Its so stressful trying to do so many things at once!

    Great blog hun I just followed on bloglovin :)

    MyLushBox | YouTube

    xxx

    ReplyDelete