Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Winter Nail Varnish

I have a lot of time at home at the moment that I'm suppose to be using to work on my dissertation so I like to keep my nails pretty and painted as much as I can. It really relaxes me and when I'm just typing away on a computer writing, writing, writing it's a little bit of comfort to see nails that I really like on the keyboard.

Barry M Top Coat and Base Coat 
My all time favourite top and base coat. It's just so handy and works really well. It's perfect for darker winter colours.

Barry M Nail Paint- Raspberry
A beautiful dark berry red colour. Such a gorgeous winter colour.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint - Blood Orange
Who can go without a bright red colour in the winter? Not me, that's for sure. This is super long lasting and so shiny. You can definitely get away with just one coat of this, although I use two. The perfect red nail varnish, I have to say. It's just beautiful.

Topshop Nails - Awol
I'm not usually a one for blue nail varnish and I have to say, it's really super pretty especially with the model's own glitter polish over the top of it. It's a beautiful icy winter blue.

Rimmel 60 Seconds - Green With Envy
This colour reminds me of Christmas and Easter at the same time. It's kind of the colour of easter egg green foil. I prefer it in the winter though as it's so shiny and shimmery.

Models Own - Juicy Jules
This glitter looks silver, but in the light it's holographic and shines all the colours of the spectrum! I would usually put this on as a top coat, but if you put 3-4 coats on of this then it can be worn on it's own. The colour just reminds me of snowflakes and sparkly ice.

 Watching: Survivors - BBC Drama
  Listening: Christmas music!
 Looking Forward To: Jack's birthday weekend, and Christmas
 Feeling: Tired but content! I should be writing my dissertation...

13 comments:

  1. Nice picks! Awol looks so pretty, might have to pick that one up! :) xx

    kooky capricious 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't worn the Gelly paints in such a long time and it's the best formula - I hope they bring out some new shades soon! The blood orange is a lovely deep red :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SUCH a good formula. The best I have found by far :) x

      Delete
  3. you have picked some great nail polishes :) love the glitter one ! Lovely blog my dear !!! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thankyou :D I have followed you.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Great picks, I do like that models own one, love a bit of glitter at this time of the year!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter nail varnish from Models Own are all really gorgeous <3
      xo

      Delete
  5. Wish we had Barry M here in the States!
    Love the reds you chose and the gorgeous holographic glitter
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry M is so lovely <3 I wish we had a sephora here!!
      xo

      Delete
  6. such an interesting post! great colors
    check my latest post if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, the models own polish looks gorgeous x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my nail polishes have dried up. I definitely need to go shop for more ASAP! Lovely post! :)

    Kisses,
    Yooleah

    ReplyDelete