Friday, 13 December 2013

Motivation - Where fore art thou?


Do you ever just feel really unmotivated? This week I have just been lolling around doing - well not much really. It's been a week that I have had pretty much nothing planned. I have had everyday to get up when I please, do whatever I want and have nothing too much to worry about. The plan was to get motivated with writing my mammoth essay for university (10,000 words - ack!) and I have done it a bit - but I know I could have done so much more! I have had a horrendous headache for five days now, but I refuse to use that as an excuse for doing pretty much nothing. Therefore, I have put together a plan of action, because - seriously - I need to feel more fulfilled in myself right now! I am not good at relaxing - I would rather be doing something and always feel a bit guilty. I really can't wait until I have a full time job next year! Bring it on, I say. So here is my sparkly new plan:

ONE HOUR OF ESSAY WORK EACH DAY
Time it - one hour with no distractions. Before and after I can do whatever I please, but in that one hour I work, whether it's reading and taking notes, writing, editing, printing.

FIFTEEN MINUTES OF PHOTOGRAPHY PLANNING EACH DAY
Just take my moleskin, and right down all of my plans and ideas for my final uni project. Simples.

TREATS!
When I work on my dissertation I get an extra special treat - like  watching my favourite tv shows or laying in bed playing Pokemon for an hour. Ahh yes, that is the life.

WALK INTO TOWN EACH DAY
I could easily spend the day in my room, but it makes me feel horrible. Exercise is good for mood, anxiety and motivation.

EAT ONE HEALTHY MEAL A DAY
Surely this can't be too hard?! I generally try and make the right food decisions anyway.

DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF
Remember that it's okay to not follow the rules or be a 'perfect person' all of the time. Make a decision based on how you feel in the circumstances you find yourself in. Its okay (Y)

Right now though, I'm going to try and shake off this headache! Hope everyone is having an amazing holiday season. <3

Jas xo

 Watching:
Survivors - BBC Drama
  Listening: Wrecking Ball - London Grammar (Live Lounge)
 Looking Forward To: Jack's birthday weekend, and Christmas
 Feeling: Totally unmotivated & tired!

6 comments:

  1. Ohh I know this feeling all too well! Love the tip about treats!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is so annoying when you don't seem to be getting anything done! Your schedule sounds pretty good, don't put too much pressure on yourself before Christmas! Just discovered your blog and I'm looking forward to having a good scroll through:D
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Thankyou :D I think I will definitely have a little break for the Christmas bits.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I love this post because it is SO relateable!
    (and it's terrible that I'm feeling like this in first year isn't it - the real hard work hasn't even started yet D:) love giving myself little treats too, it does work when one is discipled :') But I have to say the last one is my favourite, and one I think we're all guilty of forgetting now and again!
    Thankyou so much for commenting on my post, love your blog and your writing style, not to mention your professional photography!
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete