Thursday, 3 October 2013

favourite things in september


September has been a funny old month. It's been pretty good, but very transitional too. It's had really great moment where I'm making huge leaps forward, and also some harder moments when things have been pretty tough. The things in this post, however, have helped me make the best of this month. I have honestly love everything single one.



Bioshock
This month Jack introduced me to the same Bioshock. We have watched an entire complete playthrough of the game, and I honestly adore it. I never knew that video games could have so much of an interesting story line. Bioshock is a game set in the wreckage of the underwater metropolis of Rapture, where technology was very advanced. This eventually became their downfall as everyone 'spliced up' on 'plasmids' which would rewrite their genetic code but make them have awesome abilities. It's a fantastic story line that you slowly discover. It will blow you mind in a good way!

Matilda the Musical
Oh, my, gosh. I have always been a huge fan of musical theatre, but this relatively new musical written by Tim Minchin is just absolute perfection. It follows Roald Dahl's gorgeous novel 'Matilda' and just brings it to life through music. I don't think I can quite explain how good it is through text, so search for a youtube link for the songs 'When I Grow Up' or 'Naughty', because they are just incredible. I think I would do anything to see this on stage.

Revlon Lip Butter
Now I finally understand what all the fuss is about. These things are amazing - moisturising, the right amount of colour, lots of shades, stay a long time, look glossy but not too much. Seriously, go and buy one. Somewhen when I have spare money (ha. ha. ha.) I will go and buy some more shades. I currently have Candy Apple.

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser
This was my first venture into in shower/bath moisturisers and I adored using it. I did a full review of it a few posts back so be sure to check that out. More recently though, I've discovered that you can use any body moisturiser in the shower. My new favourite is Palmers Cocoa Butter.

Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus
Okay, so slightly controversial due to the randomness in the video. But I have to say that I really like this song! Me and Jack first heard it while we were on our holiday by the sea and it kind of reminds me of them. It also in a strange way reminds me of musical theatre... I don't quite know how, but it really does XD I am liking all Miley's new songs actually.

Magic the Gathering
The newest card game that me and Jack have been playing with recently. It's by no means 'new', in fact I think its one of the oldest trading card games, but it in my favourite that I've played so far. We bought some Greek Mythology decks - I play with the monsters (minotaurs, hydra, ogres) and Jack plays with the heroes (pegasus, condemning). It's really fun, and pretty addictive too. I would love to go to a Friday Night Magic event at some point, I just can't afford to spend a huge amount of money on this game at the moment!

4 comments:

  1. I really love the Wrecking Ball song aswell :) Nice post!

    xo Melane
    Anxiety | Depression | Panic Attacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love lip butters :) I love Wrecking Ball too, but Greg Jame's version of the video is better lol x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of Miley Cyrus but I must say I do like Wrecking Ball!!

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog! I adore it! :) I’m definitely going to be reading frequently! Also, I just started a blog and it’d be amazing if you could check it out and give me suggestions? Thanks hun

    xx Jenna
    http://loveandotherbliss.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete