Friday, 18 October 2013

maybelline dream fresh bb cream



So after I heard that Wayne Goss loved this BB cream so much, I decided to just bite the bullet and buy it as I've never tried one before. I've always been a bit wary of using a BB cream for two reasons 1. my skin usually likes a thick moisturiser and 2. I like the comfort of having a foundation with quite good coverage as I can get redness on my skin. But here goes.

When I first used it, I was afraid that it was too dark for me. I have relatively pale skin, and I got the lightest shade that they do. But after a while, I  have got used to it and I think its only just the tinyest smidgen a bit dark for me - I can deal with that! 

The coverage this gives is pretty good. I will happily now only wear this, with no foundation, especially if it's just a day lazing around doing uni work. It does smooth out your skin well, and the added SPF30 is also a pretty good selling factor. I don't find that this moisturised very much. Is does say that it can be used with or without moisturiser, but if you have dry skin like me then I recommend that you use a moisturiser with it too. It is definitely a non greasy product. The packaging is small and handy, it feels sturdy so it's definitely okay to carry it around with you.

Overall I am pretty impressed with it. For people with dry skin, you would most likely need to use a bit of another moisturiser with it, but that's not too much of a problem for me.

I would really like to try some other BB creams - can anyone recommend any?

Jas
x

10 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try BB cream as I usually wear nothing but moisturiser, however I find that I am starting to need a bit more coverage. Thanks for the recommendation:)

    Love, Lou x
    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds good, might give it a try! The only other BB cream I've given a go is the Dr Jart Regenerating one, a bit pricey but I did really like it, I didn't need a moisturiser underneath, it was quite a thick consistency with a light-medium coverage - great for when you want to just even things out. :) xx
    kooky capricious 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I would love to try that! I will look out for it.
      x

      Delete
  3. I'm curious! I have a BB cream by smashbox which I love but I would never use it without a moisturiser. Generally I like BB creams for the summer when a foundation is just too heavy but my skin has a lot of redness to it so going without anything isn't really my first choice.

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great for me at the moment, I'm trying not to use my foundation too much because I love it and it's expensive! Smashbox one does look pretty lovely!
      x

      Delete
  4. great post! love that product! would you like to follow eachother?
    x
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing :) I love bb creams but havent tried this one yet :D might try soon :) Hope we can follow each other :)) Let me know if you want :D lol

    --thestylescraper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Maybelline's BB Cream, but your right about using extra moisturizer! I have oily skin in the summer and everything worked fine but now that the colder months are here I have to use a little bit of face lotion.

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete