Sunday, 6 October 2013

highstreet foundation searching!




Oh hi slightly gormless expression. There is only one draw back I can see of purchasing a high end foundation as a treat, and that drawback is that when it finishes and you are still poor you just cannot justify buying it again now that you know that Christmas is just around the corner. The foundation I am talking about is MAC ProLongwear foundation. I went through a stage where I was not impressed with it, but when I learnt day by day how to make it look flawless I am now totally head over heels with it. At the same time though, I would just like to try something new. I am looking for a medium coverage foundation from the high street that will not cake on my slightly dry skin. Ever since trying MAC's foundation I have also noticed breakouts on my chin which where never there before so I am really interested to try a new formula.

As much as I would adore to buy many and experiment until I find something, my budget at the moment means that I pretty much need to use what I have, and I can't repurchase until I have actually used up every last drop. I reckon I have about a week's use left of this, and seeing as I will be near a decent Boots and Superdrug on Wednesday - that day will now become the day. The day of the foundation!

After looking up some reviews online I have narrowed it down to a few different foundations:

  • BOURJOIS Healthy Mix Foundation
  • NO.7 Instant Radiance Foundation
  • MaxFactor Xperience Foundation
  • MUA Undress Your Skin Foundation

Has anyone had any experiences wearing these foundations before? If so it would be great to get some feedback in the comments of this post.

Jas xo

PS: In my last post I said I wanted to be more adventurous with my camera and take it more places. I discovered today that my display screen is cracked at the top. Gahhh, that's so annoying. I'm definitely gonna hold back just a little bit more now. But what's the use of having a camera if you do not use it?

7 comments:

  1. Excellent picks! I have both the Bourjois and the No 7 and they are great. Bourjois feels amazing to wear and the No 7 is without a doubt the best color matching I've had :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D I'm so torn between them all at the moment. I think the way forward will be to swatch them all and see what colour matches me the best!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revlon nearly naked and photoready are really good ones too. Also rimmel wake me up is really good!! i have wayyyy too many foundations! I can vouch for the no7 one also it is lovely! plus you can get matched and get the matching concealer :) and in my opinion it did make my face look more radiant and more awake plus you know it will be a perfect colour match x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the constant search for a great foundation. I'm voting for the rimmel wake me up at the moment, it's a but too shimmery but it really does make you look much more awake! (: x

    Sofie
    http://sofiescurlymess.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the Healthy mix foundation and serum versions and also had the No7. I have to say before I changed to Mac (i've use exactly the same foundation, hated it originally and now can't live without it - you have to get the hang of using it hah) that the No7 was my go-to-foundation. I loveeeeeeeeeeed it so much and thought it was the best until I tried the Mac pro longwear. I also did love the Healthy Mix Serum but NOT the foundation.

    Good luck on your search :) xx

    Chloe - beautybylucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S - Got to No7 and get the colour match service, I was using the wrong colour until this service came along. Also they will ask what you want from your foundation and advise you on what cover and style you need! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for all your advice! In the end the MUA one was almost half price so I bought that one - I am not impressed with it at all. I'll now go with what everyone is saying! aha.

      xo

      Delete