Monday, 23 September 2013

Loepsie's Hair Mask Review


I have been following Loepsie on youtube for about a year now, and I love all of her videos. She is a youtube beauty guru from the Netherlands, who loves hair care and fantasy. Recently my hair has been really annoying me, it's about waist length now, but I feel like it looks unhealthy and is really hard to manage. I think sometime soon I will definitely go to the hairdressers and have quite a few inches cut off, but in the mean time I would like to make my hair as manageable as possible.


I feel like I trust Loepsie's opinion when it comes to hair care, so when she posted her own super easy home hair mask I tried it out straight away. I think last time I missed out one of the vital ingredients, it was nice but I didn't find it amazing. However, tonight I am going to be doing it properly. 
Her recipe is:


  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons full fat milk

Preparation:
Super easy, we had all the ingredients in the house anyway so I felt like I was making something really fancy even though it was such basic ingredients. They mix together really easily, and it takes about two seconds to make. It was a really wet mixture which made applying it to my long thick hair quite hard, but it wasn't too much of a worry.

During:
I'm sitting here now with this mask on my hair, and it does not feel nice! It's sticky and wet, but if I touch my hair it does feel strangely soft already. She recommends you leave it on for at least 30 minutes, I'm only about 10 minutes in so we shall see what happens :) I think I would recommend tying up your hair if it's long too, maybe with a loose tie that you wouldn't mind getting rid of afterwards. 

After:
Right okay, it's two days later now! I have to say, I am pretty impressed. When I got out the shower I put my hair in a towel for 15 minutes and then let my hair air dry for the rest of the evening. Immediately I could feel that it felt softer and bit stronger. When my hair was almost dry I thought it felt a lot healthier than usual - then I went to bed. In the morning I had one of those can't-stop-touching-my-hair kind of days, I felt like I had a good hair day. I wouldn't say that there was a dramatic difference in any way really, but I did feel like it really did my hair some good. My hair is starting to get greasy now, so I don't think it affects greasyness too much as long as you brush your hair regularly.

PROS +
  • It makes your hair feel like it's healthier.
  • It uses easy household ingredients.
  • You have a good hair day after, and your hair feels soft.


CONS -
  • I feel a bit queasy putting the ingredients on my hair, but that's just me.


Overall I really do like this new hair treatment, I really feel like my hair does not get enough pampering, despite the fact that it is now pretty much waist length and I really should be looking after it. I really suggest you give it a go! The ingredients are all natural - so what do you have to lose?

Thanks everyone!

Jas
xo


PS: iOS7 is really gorgeous, and I love it so very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment