Tuesday, 3 September 2013

♥ August Favourites ♥

Oh yes, my kitty cat Rory snook into the photo I was trying to take for this month. Bless his cotton socks. But, here is what I have been loving over the past month.





♥ The Casual Vacancy - J K Rowling 
This has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time now. I bought it when it first came out, and only got about 100 pages in before I gave up because I just wasn't getting into it. I decided to give it another try this month, and it has since reached my top 10 books of all time. It's so masterfully written. I think, if you're a fan of Harry Potter, you have to slightly let that go and approach this book with a fresh mind. The characters are so, SO real, and you get so invested in all of them. You love people, you hate them, and it turns what is quite a boring subject to me (town councils) into a book that I adore.

♥ Carrie Hope Fletcher - ItsWayPastMyBedtime 
Eeeeee Carrie. I love discovering new youtubes. Carrie Hope Fletcher is so real, and has great integrity and intelligence. My favourite things include reading and musical theatre, and Carrie bridges both of these things very well. She has the most awesome hair, and sense of humour. Definitely my youtuber of the month, here is a link to her channel.

♥ Touch of Pink Perfume 
I received this as a gift last Christmas, and this month is the first month that I have been really loving it's fragrance a hell of a lot. I've worn this pretty much every single day this month.

♥ Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser 
If you are lazy like me when it comes to body moisturiser and lotion then this is amazing. I never ever use body moisturiser, so this is such a great alternative. When your skin dries after using this in the shower you can most definitely tell that your skin is soft and moisturiser. I really love this!

♥ Pokemon TCG 
My boyfriend Jack loves YuGiOh! and card games, and I've been giving a few a go over the last year or so. I'm not that into YuGiOh!, but I've loved Pokemon since I was small so I've fallen in love with the trading card game again. I love the collecting, the playing, the trading, and the social aspects of it. <3 It has made me some good friends recently, and I can't wait to play against more people and get new decks on the go. Also Magic the Gathering is now on my radar, so I will probably put that in my next favourites too, so watch this space XD Plus, more geek points for me apparently

♥ Bad Teacher 
A new sitcom with David Walliams and Catherine Tate as teachers, set in an english high school. I love both of them huge amounts, and although this comedy is nothing special, I really cannot get enough of it at the moment. 

♥ Costa Banana Breakfast Loaf 
Mmmmhh my favourite cake of the moment. It's a banana cake that is packed full of nuts and fruit and it tastes SO good, and I can see myself buying it for breakfast few times over the coming months at university. Best part is that it's only £1.50 for quite a big piece. Oh banana cake, I do love thee. A lot.

Under one week until our holiday. Wahhooooooo!


8 comments:

  1. Oh I love your review on The Casual Vacancy - it got such a hard rap because, no matter how many times she stressed that it wasn't going to be anything like Harry Potter, people were still disappointed that it wasn't Harry Potter. And they completely missed how brilliant it was! So I'm glad you gave it a second chance - I've got The Cuckoo's Calling on my to-read list now that I know who wrote it ;)

    Amy | Bubbles & Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I read it, so so so so SO glad :) I have to Cuckoo's Calling now too!
      x

      Delete
  2. I never read Harry Potter (sort of procrastinated from reading it) but I'm really interested in reading this book because it reached your top ten books of all time list. But quick question, what's your favorite books 1-5 on that list? ^.^

    And haha, don't laugh but when I first read this I thought you meant the movie Bad Teacher but now I realize that you mean the show. I never even knew they had a show so now I'm going to check this one out :)

    -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    P.S. How do you leave your blog URL and title as a clickable link? I always liked how neat it looks but never understood the HTML coding for it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My top books will be in a post that's coming soon :)

    To do the URL try something like this: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to have a look at Carries Youtube! (I'm so into videos at the moment) And the banana bread sounds great, my mum makes the most delicious banana bread...hmmm making me all nostalgic and hungry!
    Love the dress in you photo also!

    Can't wait to read more book posts :)
    Love, Lou xxx

    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touch of Pink smells so so amazing, but not on me :( I wish I could wear it and bathe in it. Well, it's not like I don't have enough fragrances but still... I understand why you love it so much!

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie is amazing! I love her videos :)
    Alice x
    missalicethecamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete