Saturday, 3 August 2013

July Favourites 2013


Hoorayyyyyyyyy! I love making these monthly favourite posts. I like looking back over what I've written to see what has changed. It's a bit of a small haul of favourites this month, but I've loved each and every one.


I wrote a full review of these nail varnishes, but this particular shade I have fallen head over heels for. It's the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pear. It's the most beautiful purple colour I have ever seen. I particularly like lavender shades at the moment and this one is simply beautiful. I will wear this over and over again.

So I FINALLY got round to getting one of these a few weeks ago. I was so skeptical before I bought it, it was claimed a to be a kind of 'miracle concealer' and I've tried loads of concealers and they all pretty much just do the same thing. This really, really works though. I'm so impressed with it. It's without a doubt the best concealer I have ever tried. Considering it's about £4 too, it's a huge bargain. Definitely buy for life! 

I have owned this lipstick for a while. I used to adore it, but then kind of forgot about it and didn't use it for quite a while. I found it when going through my make up collection, and oh my word it's so beautiful. It goes with my hair and skin tone soooo lovely, and makes my blue/green/grey eyes really pop. I love it. I LOVE IT. It's a Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick and this one is in the shade Heart Breaker. I really hope they do not discontinue this.


Me being the complete stationary junkie that I am, I decided I needed a new diary for my last year of university. This is despite the fact that I have a beautiful Moleskine diary for 2013 already which is no redundent. I find myself buying a diary at the beginning of the year and then always buying a new one when the academic one comes out too. Whoops. But this one is the smallest I've owned, and it's really pretty. I always found that my diary was the first thing I'd discard if my bag was too full, but now it won't be a problem. This one is from Paperchase, my favourite place! (Rhyme not intended (maybe a little)).


Yeah, I know this is a bit random, but I've been living off these in July. Seriously. They where on offer in Tesco, two boxes for £1.60 and I think I probably bought 6 or 8 boxes of them, ate them all, and also bought 6 bigger sizes bars from a garage too. They are just so yummy. Gimme more. Because I can't eat chocolate I find it hard to find sweet treats that I like that aren't fruity flavoured - this has solved it for a while at least!

Escape The Titanic
This game is way too good to be free on the App store! I am enjoying playing this puzzle game more than a lot of my DS and 3DS games, it's very addictive and very well made. The story is you are trapped on the sinking Titanic, and need to find your way to safety. You have to be the one to work out what to do! It's free, but you can buy an app that gives you hints for £0.69. It's not essential, but I bought it mostly so I could give them my money as it's so good! Highly recommended.

Shameless
I have always been aware of the TV show Shameless, but I've never watched it. Whilst browsing 4oD I noticed that all 12 series where free to watch, so I started and was pretty much immediately hooked on it. I'm nearing the end of series 2 and I plan to just sail right through the rest :D

What are your favourite things this month?


10 comments:

  1. LOL I am so a stationary junkie too! I literally had to force myself not to pick up the new academic agenda at our local bookstore. A few minutes more in there, and I would have succumbed!

    Escape the Titanic: I played it and loved it. Only got stuck at the level where you have to lower down the lifeboats. And the hint didn't help there since I was doing what was suggested. Anyway, I had to quit :(

    Shameless: I tried to watch it but never got beyond episode 2.

    My favorite things in July were the Libba Brey trilogy, baking a caramel cake and watching The Heat! :)

    Established In The Tropics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Escape the Titanic gets so difficult! I was stuck on that level for ages, in the end I had to look up a detailed tutorial on the internet. Now I'm stuck on crossing the bridge!

      I loovvee Shameless, maybe you have to understand what it's like to be poor in England to appreciate the humour XD was it the american or english one you tried to watch? The English one is the best in my opinion.

      I still need to finish the Gemma Doyle trilogy! xo

      Delete
  2. Trackers, I'd forgotten about those! Mmm, I loved them a few years ago! Stationary addict, just like me ha ha :) I was wearing the Gelly polish (one of them) this week, I really like 'GUAVA'!
    Can't wait to read more of your favourites xx

    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh Trackers. They have gone up in price now :( xo

      Delete
  3. Prickly Pear looks like a lovely colour!

    Char, xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dairy is so pretty! Mines is really plain with just stripes :(
    But great July favorites, haha, I forgot to do one so I really enjoyed reading yours.

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im also a stationary addict, snaap ! I havent tried any of the barry m nail jelly nail polished but with all the great reviews i think its time :) vigi xoxo

    http://vluvzchocolate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of the Collection concealer too!
    I'd completely forgotten Trackers existed...definitely need to get some from Tesco.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete