Saturday, 17 August 2013

J K Rowling and the Soft Snuggly Wool


First of all, thankyou for everyone's wonderful comments on my previous post. I have been trying to follow by my rule of 10 minutes work towards my goal each day, and it's making me feel much more positive about the future, it just feels so great to know you are slowly getting closer to what you really want.

Despite being an unemployed student (I know, tell me about it), every month I usually find myself going out to little expeditions to Chichester of Guildford to meet friends, and always end up with having a little shop around. I think because I have always lived in a really small town in the middle of the countryside, I have always over compensated in how much I buy when I am around shops I like because I just don't get to go there very often. I buy in excess so I don't regret not buying enough. I always get called to the things that I really do not need, and think that the things I do really need can just wait until I find myself around shops again.

Now, my dear, faithful, loving friend - Waterstones. Words cannot describe how I feel when I enter this shop and walk around. Books, books everywhere. Each one is full of stories that I cannot even imagine, and everyone there is about to unfold into a new adventure. Ooooh it just sends shivers down my spine! I love the look of books. I love the smell of new books even more. Alas, this is a downfall of mine when it comes to spending. I already do not have enough room for all my books. My under-bed storage has turned into an under-bed library, and there's another book shelf in the hall way just overflowing with way too many books. As soon as I move into my own house, I plan to have a library (all be it probably a corner) that is full of books and knowledge and stories. Anyway, I digress. As I have said in previous posts, I'm currently reading The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling, but this time I am taking the time to read it slowly, and take in every word. I think my trouble with trying to read it before was that there was so much going on and so many characters, that trying to read through it pretty fast was just not working for me at all. But currently, I absolutely adore it. I have always been a huuuggee huge fan of J K Rowling, she filled my childhood with such magic, and now it has reignited. Therefore, today I bought her new book Cuckoo's Calling which she wrote under the pen name of Robert Galbraith. I know absolutely nothing about this book, I just know that it will be an essential part of my Rowling collection in my somewhen-hopefully library. But yes, as you can see by the image above, I also purchased the first book I own of the special edition Harry Potter books. It is my honest mission to own all the special edition versions too. Obviously, I have all the books already, and they have been read to death over the last 14 years or so, but these ones are just beautiful. They are big, and bound, with golden edges, and have J K Rowling's signature in gold plate on the front. Ooooh I just love it. I really can't afford buying it though, but it was speaking to me, so I said yes. I will say now, that this special edition book cost me £30. I now have the other six to collect (probably slowly) over my life. As much as a I adore a clean, new book with no creases, I also think that books are there to be read, and any sign of wear is just a sign of love for the book, and a sign that someone has gone through the same magic as you. Therefore, I will still read these special editions despite the price.

I popped into Superdrug (now isn't that an infamous phrase?) just to have a look, and saw that the L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Solution was in the half price section, and was therefore just over £2. I've been wanting to try this for ages as I have heard that it's a really good dupe for BioDerma which is really hard to find in the UK and a lot more expensive. I have heard really, really good things about this make up remover from youtubers and beauty blogs, and this was a purchase that I did actually need. I haven't used it yet so I can't really comment on how well it performs, but I will most definitely let you know. Who knows - it may even make it into my August favourites…?

Lastly today, I purchased some wool from C&H fabrics. As I said before, we do not have many shops where I live, so somewhere like C&H fabrics where you can buy all the fabric and wool in the land is like another jungle for me and I love it. I was aware of my money constraints, so I only purchased the wool that I need to finish my scarf, and some other super soft baby pink wool that was just so soft and cuddly that I could not resist it. I always end up starting crochet missions at home with the wool I have, and then when I run out I am never able to repurchase more for a while. So it's always fun buying lots more! :)

The reason I went to Chichester today was to meet up with some friends of mine in Wetherspoons with Jack so we could play Pokemon and Animal Crossing on our 3DS's together, while of course eating yummy food (chicken burger and chips and a belgian waffle ice cream sundae) and drink. I've made a few new friends through these meet ups, and it's a great feeling to get to know some new people. I also managed to get some time to see my very good friend Ellie, which was lovely. We are now home, and I am babysitting for a neighbour of mine. Tonight will be chilled and quiet, and hopefully with even more yummy food when Jack returns with the goods. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, let me know what you have been up to in the comments as I would love to know. Until next time :) x

6 comments:

  1. I've wanted to get my hands on that L'Oreal Solution for absolute ages but I can't seem to find it where I live :(
    And I've actually just finished "The Cuckoo's Calling" the day before yesterday and it was freaking AMAZING! One of the best crime novels I've read in years and I've read quite a lot. I hope you'll enjoy it as well! By the way, I can totally relate with how you shop, it's the same with me. Although I'm regularly in town by now, I always have to restrain myself so much, haha.

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to stop shopping like this though, it usually means I buy expensive things I don't want and then don't have the money for the smaller items I really DO want. At least I can start working on it now!

      Oooohhh yayyyy I am very excited about Cuckoo's Calling, even more so now :D

      xo

      Delete
  2. Oh my, Waterstones is just bliss isn't it?! I utterly adore it, if I could walk in there every day I would be happier, ha ha!
    The L'Oreal Solution is new to me, but it looks very interesting!

    Glad to see things looking up for you!
    Love, Lou xxx

    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful shop, I love it a LOT.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Hey Jasmine!

    I replied to your comment over on my blog if you wanted to check that out!

    I literally just saw an advert on TV for the new L'Oreal Skin Perfection range and was like I have to try it! So I will look out for the Purifying Solution next time I'm out. Would love to hear how you like it in a later post.

    L x
    ♥lucylovehart - ♥life♥beauty♥thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent :D Do let me know what you think xo

      Delete