Sunday, 25 August 2013

Hear me roar

Well hello there! I have quite a few posts on the go at the moment, but currently they are all taking a little while to get finished. I really want to get them to be the best they possibly can before I post them on here. The main ones are my top 10 favourite books, favourite beauty products, and also a post about the fictional characters that shape who I am today. I'm really excited to post them! A friend of mine recently gave me the idea to do a little life/week recap on a Sunday, and I think this is a really sweet little idea. So here we go, as week number one. 

This week in the life of Jasmine has been pretty good. It's a few weeks before going back to university, so I've been swapping between relaxing watching films, and trying to plan my work ahead of schedule for my last year at university. I think I have my future photography projects pretty much in the bag. They will require work, but also be less stressful than the things I have attempted in the past. I will definitely be sharing them on here and documenting my progress through. Today I finally decided on the details of one of my upcoming projects, I won't give it all away, but it involves recolouring and retouching photographs from the 1940s and I'm really looking forward to completing it. It plays heavily on photoshop which is where a lot of my skills lie. Here is an example of one I'm working on right this second as a practise:



I have been lucky enough to spend a lot of this week with Jack, we are getting excited because our Haven holiday is only two weeks away now and it will be really good to get away by ourselves for a week.
We can now say though that we are officially saving for a house. Today we were planning on taking a bus to a city to get Nandos chicken for lunch, but instead be decided to put the money we would have spent into a bank account. It's not much, but I'm sure it will add up. The responsibilities of being a adult, eh? It will be so worth it.  

Last night I met up with two of my favourite people - Declan and Dave - at a local pub. I was in a production of Beauty and the Beast with them last year so it was so lovely to see them again. They have me in stitches, I love them both dearly. We spent the evening talking about make up and playing Animal Crossing. Dave being Dave decided to troll my Animal Crossing world and dig holes wherever he possibly could. I will get my revenge. I don't think I take the time to see my friends as much as I should. A lot of it is because of anxiety, and not wanting to embarrass myself in front of people, but I think mostly I'm just out of practise now I'm out of school and need to find time for people. I miss my friends, so I'm going to make more of an effort to see them. 

I have finally got round to editing the pictures from a shoot with Verity (Ellie's sister) and I really like a lot of the pictures that we got. A lot of the time, I come back from a shoot feeling like I could have got better pictures and that I should have done more, but then I get the images into Photoshop and I feel a whole lot better. I think Verity looks so beautiful in these pictures and I adore the necklace she is wearing that her mother made her.

Tomorrow we are heading off to a festival in our home town where there will be a parade, yummy food, music, friends and fireworks. It's always one of my favourite things to happen each year. I will be taking my camera along to get some snaps and also to shoot some footage to possibly use for my documentary! It's exciting to get started, and even though it may very well pour with rain all day and night, I am going to have a magnificent day. 

Just to end things for this very mish-mashed post of this ole Sunday, I saw this quote floating around facebook and it struck such a chord with me. Literally, I never even thought of thinking like this, it's changed a lot of the way that I think about people and situations.



I hope everyone is well, let me know in the comments what you have enjoyed about this week :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope the weather is good for you at Haven!

    I've tagged you in this (http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/confessions-of-beauty-blogger-tag.html) tag if you'd like to take part? :D

    Love, Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your photography projects - looking good so far :)
    And unfortunately the only way to combat anxiety is head first. But that quote you found is perfect, I need to print it out or something!

    Bubbles & Blush

    ReplyDelete