Friday, 30 August 2013

Haul and some changes



I had a wee bit of a haul and a half yesterday. I do not have money, I am in my overdraft (a lot). I just wish that I had a job to pay for it all now rather than later. Soon. Soon I can I hope! The thought of finishing university and getting a full time job is so close I can taste it. It's a big, bright, beautiful world. 

Maybelline Babylips in Cherry Me
I've seen these on various American YouTube channels and wanted to try them. I'm excited that they're now here in the UK. First impressions is that this is a nice sheer, moisturising colour. I like how it gives a bit of colour too. It smells like a cross between cherry and plasticine. The packaging is simple and nice. I'm happy with it, and not too expensive at all. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple
Very similar to the baby lips above, but with a thicker more moisturising formula. The colour is also a lot stronger but still relatively sheer. It has really beautiful packaging. I probably did not need both though :0(

Nivea Lip Balm in Rose
From the pound shop so I thought 'why not'? It's nice. Very moisturising. 

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara
On recommendation from fleur de force, and I've just finished up my only mascara too. First impression is that it's a nice natural but lengthening mascara with gorgeous packaging!

Real Techniques powder and shadow brushes
FIIINNNNAAALLLLYY I own some decent make up brushes. Hallelujah. Buy one get one half price in Boots. Huzzah. 

MAC 4x palette and the shadow 'Quarry'
This was going to be my old purchase. It was actually a whole lot cheaper than I expected it to be. But it's pretty and gorgeous and oh dear why did I spend money again?

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Suggested by Carrie Hope Fletcher, it's apparently an amazing novel so I'm really super excited to start this soon! I definitely do not regret this. 

Goldfish Cracker
Really super cheap from the American Candy Shop. And super yummy too. 

Lucky Charms Cereal Bar
Half gone as you may be able to tell. Whoopsie. But so yummy, I wish I could eat Lucky Charms everyday but they're £6 for a tiny box. 

Okay, I am regretting these a teeny bit now. I shouldn't be spending my precious money on such trivial things, especially as I have bills to pay for and am in minus money anyway. But I love these products, and I know I will use them to death. 

A little side note - I post quite a lot about beauty, what do people think of that? I sometimes feel that blogging beauty makes me feel a little shallow. I'm definitely not saying that about all beauty bloggers, but I know personally for me I don't want to do it too often any more. I want my blog to be a place of happiness and refuge, and I want to radiate integrity and goodness. I wouldn't want someone's impression of me to be shallow and ungrateful. I think my posts will be changing slightly to reflect a change in me, thankyou everyone. 

Jas xo

3 comments:

  1. Honey, if you like posting about beauty, do! This is your blog and it's sole purpose is to make you feel good :)
    Personally, I don't care anymore if people think me shallow, which many I know do, because it's too exhausting to always set them right. If they want to think so instead of really getting to know me or spend a thought about how I might really be, I actually don't want them in my life. It's my hobby and if they judge me because of that, fine.
    Do, what makes you happy!

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Every time I do a beauty related or haul post I look back and think "oh great now everyone might think I go shopping everyday and care way to much about looks". But in reality I think all bloggers (i.e travel, fashion, and lifestyle) have that problem because we are only posting about 5% of our everyday lives.

    I might be bias when I say this but I think you should post whatever you feel like posting... After all it's your blog :) and I like reading what you think about products, books, life, lol and all that stuff <3

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that Real Techniques face brush, heard so many good things about it. I've also never tried Baby Lips, oops! Need to get on that asap.
    New follower xx

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    Huge new Sephora haul is up!

    ReplyDelete