Friday, 2 August 2013

Filming a Documentary & Life Update

For my final year of university I am planning to film and photograph a documentary of a small town in south east England. I want to challenge myself at the same time as feeling safe and assured as this town is where I have spent pretty much 90% of my life. I want to challenge myself to get out into a community and get to know new people and hear their stories. I've wanted to join some kind of group or project for a long time, so when I needed a final year project I just thought - why not just make my own? I thought I knew nearly everything there was to know about this town, and I was wrong. I have not officially started yet - I don't think I'm technically allowed to until I go back to university at the end of September - but I have been getting the news out in the community via facebook and word of mouth. In the space of a week I have almost 300 facebook followers and have received many emails offering help and letting me know about certain events coming up. I am literally a few weeks into researching this probably 9 month long project, and I already have so many people on my side who want this to work - how amazing. It's a bit daunting, but at the end of the day it is my project, and I can do what I like with it. If I decide not to do it then that's okay, if I decided to include everyone in it then that's okay too. I have mainly focused in the past on photography - my photographic documentary 'Peggy' is one of my all time favourite pieces. Film, however, I am new at. I've been wanting to explore it for a while, but never had the right reason or motivation behind it. I am actually very excited to go back - too many things stopped me from enjoying last term, but this coming year will be great.

The next book I am about to start reading is The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier, as suggested by my close friend Ellie in the book club that I run online. As soon as my kindle is charged I think I am going to dive right in and download it. The blurb sounds really amazing, I will probably post on here about it when I am done!

In a few months, I am probably going to be moving in with my boyfriend and his family for the remainder of university. It is a lot closer to university (cutting the travelling time from 4 hours a day to 1) and means I will hopefully be much more relaxed and able to concentrate on my studies. It will mean moving out of my current house having lived here for 16 years, and as my Mum will also be moving in with her boyfriend, it will probably mean saying goodbye to it forever. I am very excited about this new (potential) move as I think it is exactly what I need right now. It is a teeny weeny bit sad though at the same time. But life moves forward, and that is what I have been wanting for a long time. 

I am working on my July Favourites post at the moment, though I know I did a favourites post not too long ago. I just love celebrating and looking back over what I have loved over the months. This brings me to saying that this blog is now in it's 3rd month, and I am loving it more every day. Thankyou to everyone who comments and follows me, and everyone who encourages me to keep posting.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the uni project and also the move. i hope it helps with your studies ^_^ i need to put up my july favourites too :)

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the documentary will turn out wonderful and it's pretty amazing that you have 300 fb people already supporting you! :) If your camera skills are anything like your photography skills I know it will turn out to be really amazing.

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete