Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Cake, gimme all the c.a.k.e

In the town where I live, we have a celebration every summer for two weeks celebrating local music, arts and drama. Although, as a photographer, I should probably get involved some how but always forget until the last minute, this year I made it my mission to at least enjoy one of the workshops that get's put on by local businesses. I decided to go with the cupcake decorating workshop because I can just envision myself as the perfect housewife making the perfect cupcakes. So this morning at 10:30am I walked with my mother to the vintage tea rooms. There were about ten of us there, ranging from about 7 years old to 70, and everyone was lovely and cheery. We even met some friends there who we had accidentally gone years without getting in touch with.

We learnt how to make little roses made out of icing, and how to feather out the edges of little decorations like circles and butterflies. We got to dust and paint our cupcakes however we wanted, and then attach everything with a gorgeous buttercream that tasted of strawberry Angel Delight. Okay, so this was the first time I have ever decorated a cupcake. I didn't know what design to do, and I didn't get any time to plan it, so we just had to wing it with what we had. I don't think I did too bad! I learnt a lot anyway, and I had a really good time. 

Yesterday I finished the infinity scarf that I have been making and I have to say that I love it. It has only taken me about 2 hours to make, maybe not even that to be honest, there was just a fortnight gap in between the times I was able to buy the wool. It's a thick, chunky scarf that's in a gorgeous poppy red. In total it cost me £7.50 for the amount of wool I used, and it's super nice quality! I am very definitely going to be making a lot of these for people's christmas presents this year, as I know I would have honestly loved to receive something like this as a present. The colour selection of this type of wool is also really versatile and pretty. Gahhhh, I just love it. I've always searched for the perfect red scarf and I think I may have just made it myself. I think I may do a bit of experiment with embellishment now to really add something special.




I also styled my hair slightly different today, using big tongs to wave curl my hair away from my face. My hair loses curl sooooo very easily, so now it's just a tiny bit wavy, but I still really like the way it has turned out. And wow, my hair has grown pretty long recently!

Yesterday I also spent a whole lot of time watching Carrie Hope Fletcher's YouTube videos, and she has inspired me to make my very only top 10 novels as a post, which I am working on right now :D Thankyou everybody for reading. See you soon!


16 comments:

  1. We have a similar event in my town, but it only happens every 30 years (or something like that...) It's really fun, I like learning new things about my town.
    I love your scarf! I am currently on the hunt for a cream one (a bit thinner though). You are very skilled at crafting! I can knit, but only the basics!

    Love, Lou xxx

    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    P.S. I love your hair in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a fun event :)

      Try and make the scarf yourself! It sounds weird, but I have totally bonded with this scarf now and I adore it <3 I can't wait until it's properly cold enough to wear it.

      xo

      Delete
  2. That cake looks so yummy and pretty! very impressed for it being your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was so yummy. It did not last until the end of the day XD x

      Delete
  4. You are absolutely beautiful and I love that you crochet like me. Following!
    halcyonlagoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove that scarf! I know what you mean, I searched for the perfect creme coloured scarf for ages and just made myself the scarf of my dreams last winter. My project for this autumn/winter are berry coloured socks for my wellies and an emerald coloured infinity scarf. I can't find the wool I want, though. I'm looking for a Slytherin coloured wool but is so hard to find!

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahhh an Emerald infinity scarf sounds beautiful. That was my second colour option. Good luck with everything :D I think I may have to make a gryffindor / hufflepuff scarf at some point :) x

      Delete
  6. You did a really good job on the cupcake! :) I suck at making cupcakes because they always burn and I ice it to soon so it ends up looking like melting snow.. Haha but I can tell you put a lot of work into making yours :D

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I don't know what I would be like making them completely on my own. I would probably be the same to be honest!! x

      Delete
  7. omg, how cute is that!!!! great job :D
    http://memorable-days.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jasmine! Your cupcare looks so yummy! I have always wanted to learn how to decorate the cupcakes and cakes. I'll have to look for a workshop to go to :) As for the infinity scarf, I do believe it is the best scarf out there yet. I have made a couple for friends last year and I loved it. The one I loved the most was the one that actually serves as a hoodie, on top of a scarf. Now it took me much longuer to complete but it was all worth it! Looking forward to read your top 10 books post! Until then, take care!

    PS: red looks so good on you!

    xo

    Colette | Established In The Tropics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :D Infinity scarves are really awesome. I have never owned one before this one! I'll have to try the hoodie one next time :)
      xo

      Delete