Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Review: GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer - Classic



Packaging
I really am a fan of this packaging. It's see through, and works on a pump action. As you use the product you can see the bottom of the primer move up the tube so you know exactly how much you have left to use. I think it looks fairly expensive, it's lightweight and sturdy so you definitely know that it won't pop open when you're on the move. One pump dispenses a fair bit of the primer, pretty much exactly the right amount to use on your face.

Smell
It's pretty much unscented - I never notice it ever. For the purpose of this review I got right up close to smell it, and there's an extremely slight fragrance that is a bit silicone-like.

Texture
It pretty much does exactly what it says on the tin - it leaves skin silky and velvet smooth. It's a clear gel formula, and smoothes onto your skin so, so nicely. It reminds me completely on the Beautiful Movements Prime and Create, but personally I like this better and also this is about half the price. My foundation goes on so nicely over the top of it. I usually have problems with foundation on my skin - it just doest sit right and my skin is quite dry. But this primer makes it go on flawlessly, the first one I've ever found that does, and also keeps my primer on for the whole day.

Price & Purchasing
This is by far the best highstreet primer that I have ever used. It's a little bit more expensive than some of the others at £12.99 from the GOSH counter at Superdrug. You can also get it in a cream formula or 'apricot' for slightly more money, but I fail to see the point of them at the moment when this one is just so good. Sometimes GOSH have free gifts that come with their products - when I bought this I also got a free waterproof eyeliner with it so I was pretty chuffed with that!

Overall: 4.5/5

PS: I have a new twitter! Follow me @rabbitwood_

4 comments:

  1. Would love to try this, only heard good things so far x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! It's worth it :) x

      Delete
  2. Gosh isn't really readily available to me in the US but it sounds amazing!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame sometimes that products are not available in different countries! There are loads of products I would love to try but are only available in the USA xo

      Delete