Thursday, 25 July 2013

My Skin Care July 2013


When it comes to skin care, I usually will use all of a product before switching to another. This is for two main reasons; firstly because I have sensitive skin so finding products that work well with my skin is a good find, and also because I am on a student budget and just can't afford to buy lots and lots of different ones to try. My skin is quite dry, and sometimes even products that claim to be for sensitive skin can cause my skin to go red and blistery just a little bit - but its painful too. I don't too often get spots, sometimes on my chin I get small blemishes.

So, with that being said - this is my current skin care routine :)


Evening:
1. I remove my make up with a bit of Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make Up Remover on Boots Essentials Baby Extra Large Cotton Wool Pads. I most definitely recommend these extra large pads - amazing, and I only ever need one or two tops!
2. I will then use my No.7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for Dry/Very Dry skin. I apply it all over my face and then wipe off with another cotton wool pad.
3. Finally I will quickly tone with the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner on a cotton wool pad, and then apply a generous amount of the No.7 Beautiful Skin Moisturiser for Dry/Very Dry skin.
4. Occasionally I will use a the Body Shop Moisturising Vitamin E mask all over my face, and leave it on all night. Sometimes this can irritate my skin, but I think the results are worth it.

Morning:
1. First thing I will do is wash my face using the Nivea Daily Essentials Cream Face Wash for Dry/Sensitive Skin. It's pretty good, and leaves my face refreshed and fairly soft.
2. I will then tone with the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner.
3. Thirdly I will use my No.7 Beautiful Skin moisturiser for Dry/Very Dry skin, all over my face.
4. Next I apply an SPF to protect my skin for the day, usually I will use the La Roche-Posay SPF50 Dry Touch Gel Cream which I actually got from my Glossybox. I love how it leaves the skin, and I feel protected all day. 
5. Lastly I will prime my skin with the GOSH Velvet Touch Primer (see my full review here)

Once a week I will also use an exfoliator from Simple.

I actually get really excited when my products get used up. Not only does that mean I've accomplised using it all (I know, a bit weird maybe) but it also means I get to buy new ones. It's definitely an incentive to keep it going twice a day!

Links to products in this post:






Disclaimer: This is a skin care routine that works for me, I am not a skin care expert :)

9 comments:

  1. This is a really great routine.I am terrible for being lazy and just using a make up wipe at night oh dear but am trying to find my perfect skin routine still.

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! There are definitely some days when I just take my makeup off and go to bed. I try to do this as much as I can though :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I really like your routine, it is really affordable but I bet it feels really luxurious. Mine is very simple too due to my sensitive skin but I am on the lookout for "THE" moisturiser. The one that I still haven't found yet after too many years of looking. I find some that are nearly there, but still haven't found the one. Can I be really cheeky and ask if your toner has any alcohol in it? I can't use toner with alcohol and am stuck with using french rose water (and have been for over 10 years) so am thinking it might be a change. I have had a look on The Body Shop's website and it doesn't say (and I would have to order over the net as there isn't one where I live). Thanks, F x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much :D I'm always on the look out for a good moisturiser. The best one I have found is the Benefit triple moisturising, but its over £20 so I can't really justify buying it at the moment! As for the toner, the very last ingredient says something about alcohol so I think it may do unfortuneately! Good luck with finding something that works :) x

      Delete
  3. I find simple is always a pleaser! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good standard :) sometimes I have found it reacts with my skin, but most of the time it's just really nice! xo

      Delete
  4. Your skincare routine is way better then mines! Haha, I need to step my game up and try some new products when all my current ones are gone, because I also get happy when I use up everything ^.^

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly one of my favourite things XD

      Delete
  5. Hey Jasmine,

    thank you for the comment, i guess you discover my blog trough Kalieta :)

    I personally prefer bio or natural cosmetics, thats why i don't have a good opinion on products from nivea or body shop but if it's good for you then it's great ^^

    i find really good that you have sunscreen in your routine, some people don't really use them althought is really important to avoid damages and premature skin aging

    By the way,you blog looks nice!

    ReplyDelete