Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Heatwave & A New Royal!



Pheeeewwww. How has everyone been coping with this heat wave in England? Personally I think that this hot weather is not very nice. I think by now we may be coming towards the latter end of the heat wave and I have to say thank god. It was storming a bit last night, which seems to have broken the humidity a bit and it raining today (rain is my all time favourite weather so yay). It's been wonderful for some people, but I've just never been
a sun and heat kind of person. It makes me want to hibernate inside in front of a fan all week. To be honest, that's pretty much what I have been doing. Look at me being all English and talking about the weather. I have to say though that picnics in the shade are just lovely. Me and Jack ventured under a tree in the park yesterday with a thrifty picnic - water, french bread and ham costing a grand total of £2.98 and enjoyed enormously.

I've finished editing my last wedding. It's a huge relief and I really hope they are happy with the photos. The image at the top of this post is one of the very last photos that I edited. I'm going to use some time to work on the beginning of my new documentary series which could be super exciting. I will probably post a teeny bit about it on here, but not too much. I do have a photography blog but I don't update that much. I'm trying to keep this (at least a little bit) separate from my photography work online because I want this to be a place where I can relax and talk to the world without being worried about whether my photography is good enough or not. I do, however, like to include an image in most of my posts. I think it adds a personality to the post.

Before I end this random and short post, I would just like to say a huge congratulations to William and Kate on the birth of their first baby boy, third in line to be King of England. To everyone who is 'annoyed' at hearing about it - just shush. It's one day. Any bets on names? James? George?.... Joffrey?!

I really want to do a kind of Q&A. So anything that you guys would like to know? :) 

I will also be reviewing my favourite beauty items at the moment and working on a July favourites.

All the best, enjoy the heat (well, the rain)

Currently Reading: Rebel Angels - Libba Bray
Currently Listening To: Heart Attack - Demi Lovato
Currently Drinking: Strawberry Ribena <3

xo


7 comments:

  1. You're lucky to have warm weather. Here it is raining everyday! I like the rain, but I don't like to shop in the rain. I am not a big fan of heat waves either or of cold in general... well, as you can see, when it comes to the weather, I am very hard to please :P

    I am also really liking that wedding shot! :) And I hope that the little prince doesn't end up with a too "old fashioned" name. What do you think?

    Established In The Tropics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon George or James are pretty likely names! Although you never know what will happen with the Royals. :)
      xo

      Delete
    2. Secretly, I have a feeling they will probably name him George, mostly in homage to the Queen's father (King George VI). Don't ask why, but it's a name that sticks with me. Of course we won't really know until they announce it!

      Also, loving your new layout! I see that I am not the only one working on mine :) I decided to go back to coding my own layouts for now.

      Delete
    3. Wow you know a lot more about royalty than I do! I really just want to know now!

      Thanks, I know I keep changing it, but I just wasn't happy with how it looked before. I like it at the moment though :D

      Xo

      Delete
  2. Haha love the stereotypical name suggestions. Imagine if it's something normal like Joey? Poor baby would be under so much scrutiny lol bless (:

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if they called him something a bit wacky and unique. That would be great! I wouldn't put it past them. Xo

      Delete
  3. I really love the new layout Jas! I was saying yesterday that they can't really come out with their royal baby and call it an ordinary name such as Sam, Ryan or Joe. But I am really excited to know the name!

    Lou xxx
    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete