Monday, 17 June 2013

Shooting at Petworth Park

I finally went to Petworth Park. Fin-all-y. I've been meaning to for such a long time but it's always just not happened or I havent known where to go. My beautiful friend Hannah had some free time so we decided to go down there and shoot some pictures as we havent seen each other in well over a year because of university and moving about. It was so nice to see her, it was like regaining a bit of what I've been missing if you know what I mean. 6th form and school seem such a long time ago now that it was refreshing to be reminded of it. I had no idea what to shoot - to be honest at the moment I kind f feel a bit lost with my photography. Since the client said they weren't keen on my editing I realised that neither am I. I think I've been a bit suckered in to all these (beautiful) kind of conceptual fine art work and lost my way a little bit. I think university has taught me that. I want to do something that no-one else is doing, because I love the medium of photography. Anyway, getting off subject, onto the day at Petworth park.

I loved these deer! I actually got a bit creeped out by them. They where all staring at us intently.

I've had this big sheet of red silk that I bought from ebay for about £0.60 for ages and thought I may as well try and do something with it. It's no an original idea, but it was really fun to shoot, and this may be one of my last kind of 'conceptual' bits for a while. I'm not saying I'll never do them again, I just feel like I shouldn't put so much pressure on myself to do something I don't enjoy so much anymore. This has turned into a photography rant again hasn't it?
Moving on...

We actually started of by taking a few portraits of Hannah, who is annoyingly pretty and photogenic!


Before moving onto taking this shot, which is composed of a few different images...

Wind and long hair do not really mix. Hannah and I.

Myself and Hannah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment