Sunday, 30 June 2013

Daylight


I attempted to make bread yesterday - it was okay. It's tasted quite good actually, considering it was my second try and first try ever on my own; it just developed a bit of a soggy bottom. But it's a good start! Making bread is cheaper than buying bread; it's not a huge saving, but over time it builds up and I think it's always a useful skill to have! I can just imagine becoming a bread making extraordinaire, inviting my friends round for 'tea' with homemade bread.

My plans for today just consist of editing some wedding photos. It feels really good to be finally thinking that I do not have any more weddings to photograph this summer and I can just relax. I am however starting to get a bit low on money. Not disastrously - I can live okay for a few months until my next loan, just not enough to have the fun with my friends that I would like! All my money has disappeared recently. I have earned quite a lot this summer with photography, but I've also had to buy a fridge. In fact if I knew I had to buy a fridge I may not have bought the 3DS. OH WELL that is all in the past. You cannot dwell on the past. I think my plans will just be to spend frugally for the next month or so and when I have an urge to splurge I will buy things I need - like a microwave.

I can't believe it is July tomorrow already. This has been a strange year that has taught me a lot of lessons. July is closer to Christmas! But this whole year has gone quickly. On July 5th last year, me and Jack went to a party; after much awkward dancing and blushing the next day we decided to start our lovely relationship together. July 6th is next saturday. That's one year together in 6 days time. I'm making him a little homemade gift (which I may or may not blog here) and will also get him a small something. Both of us are tight on money so we're keeping it really small. One good thing is that my dad gave me vouchers to eat at an expensive restaurant for my birthday so we're going to use them on Saturday night. It's a pity we can't go and see Despicable Me 2 at the cinema too, but I'm sure we will at some point.

The last two days I've had weird low level anxiety - not doing anything, or worrying about anything in particular. I picked up a book I'm reading at the moment about dealing with various stress and anxiety and it has really really really really helped. If anyone wants to know what book it is then please send me a message and I will tell you. I think I might make some blog posts soon about things that help with stress and anxiety, and also how you can help if someone else is suffering and you want to make them feel a bit better about it. Jack skyped me today and just that ten minutes confiding my fears to someone else and having them be un-judgemental, supportive and positive really makes a difference.

Today I am grateful for the money I have, and that people have faith in me to document the best day of their life.

Reading: A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray
Listening to: Overexposed - Maroon 5
Eating: Rice Crispies
Drinking: Water
Excited for: Doctor Who in November, Series 3 Sherlock, The Sims 4, Pokemon X & Y, next Saturday with Jack, seeing a friend this week, finally seeing Despicable Me 2... soon!!

It you would like to follow me on bloglovin then here is the link :)

2 comments:

  1. The bread looks like it turned out great, my mom use to make bread and she said sometimes the weather can effect the way the bread turns out. Is that weird or what?

    Also I'm interested in knowing more about this book! It sounds like a good read for me because I have SA (social anxiety). It's getting much better but maybe this book can help me over come it a little bit more.

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you a message on your blog :)
    Thanks very much :D
    Jasmine xo

    ReplyDelete