Wednesday, 19 June 2013

3DS XL Crochet Cover


I deliberated as to whether I should buy a Nintendo 3DS for such a long time, it was a hard purchase to make as the XL one that I wanted was about £180 which I don't think anyone I know has just lying around. I wanted to make sure it wasn't an impulse buy. In the end I bought one off of my friend who had not used it at all really. I have to say - best purchase ever. It's just such a good thing to have, and I am so so so enjoying getting into the Zelda fandom. I'm addicted (in a good way) to playing Ocarina of Time 3D, I've completed about half of the game now, and it's so nice if you have a spare few minutes and you're bored to just complete a bit more, and so much fun to see yourself advance through.

Anyway, so as you can see from the picture above I crocheted myself a case for my 3DS XL. It was so simple, I just made a black rectangle that was double the 3DS XL size and then sewed up the edges. I though I would add a Zelda twist with the 2 3/4 hearts (as in the life stats in Zelda) which I'm really proud of - they were super easy. I followed the tutorial I found here for the hearts.

I really like this little case I made <3

I've been staring so longingly at Animal Crossing since before it was released, but it's just too expensive for me to buy at the moment. I mean I could, quite easily, and still be okay, but I've been spending so much money on little purchases recently that I just really shouldn't  At least once a day though at the moment you'll see me on the Nintendo e-shop pondering whether or not I should buy it. It's my 20th birthday on Friday 21st June so I think If anyone gives me any birthday money (they may do!) then I might buy it then. If not I'll wait until some time in July.

While on the subject of games, I was so excited about The Sims live conference yesterday evening, as they were 'introducing' The Sims 4. I waiting such a long time for it, and it was pretty much 45 minutes advertising their new game Island Paradise - which does look awesome - and then they showed ONE piece of concept art from the Sims 4. It did look nice, but showed you absolutely nothing. Ah well, apparently it's being officially unveiled on 20th August at some game event in America. So until then, we wait.

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute, Jas! Reminds me of the small bags I used to crochet back in HS. Now your 3DS will be warm and stylish ;)

    Established In The Tropics

    ReplyDelete